Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold happens. It happens in nature and it happens in properties. Mold naturally occurs and is the result of a water infiltration or high levels of moisture. In its proper place mold is helpful, it’s part of the process of decomposition turning things back into dirt. But in your property mold is a nuisance and potentially dangerous.
In a short time mold can impact your property. But the questions is, what’s next?
If you find mold in your property trust our team to remediate and restore. We have the team, experience, knowledge and equipment to remediate your property quickly and effectively. Below we put together tips of what to do before help arrives.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (303) 604-6607
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Lafayette / Louisville for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Lafayette / Louisville has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Ninemile Corner