How Fire and Water Damage Can Destroy Your Property
Why Fire Damage in a House Needs Quick Restoration
When it comes to house fires, both the water and fire damage that results from it can be dangerous to your home. While fire can destroy the structural integrity of your home, water damage can generate the growth of mold and mildew. To minimize the effects of this two-pronged attact to your home, it is important that you attain professional assistance. Structural problems and health issues are at the top of the remediation priority list. Water and fire damage specialists can handle the cleanup and restoration processes to help minimize health risks, increase safety, and preserve the structural integrity of your home. To learn more about the dangers posed by fire damage and how professionals like SERVPRO can assist you, refer to the following outline:
How Fire Damage Affects Your Lafayette Property
Although many people think of fire damage in terms of the fire itself, the smoke produced by the fire can be equally deadly. Smoke contains toxic materials, and this toxicity can be an irritant to humans who inhale it. Most fire related deaths are attributed to smoke inhalation and super heated air and not the actual flames. Additionally, the fire itself can engulf your property in its flames within a matter of moments. If this happens, your valuable possessions could be destroyed, and you could be left dealing with smoky odors that are difficult to eliminate. House fires can also send smoke and soot through your plumbing fixtures, walls, electrical conduits, and duct work. Smoke and soot can migrate through each layer of your property in just a few minutes.
How Water Damage Destroys Your Property
Like fire damage, water damage possesses the ability to destroy the structure of your home. However, the biggest problem with water damage is that it can precipitate the growth of mold and mildew and, create damage to your furnishings, clothing, art, appliances and electronic components. But mold can make you susceptible to a wide range of unwanted health problems such as cancer and immune disorders. Additionally, mold can cause substantive lung damage. Typically mold thrives in humid, damp conditions. For this reason, property damaged by water is an opportunistic breeding ground for the fungi. It only takes 48-72 hours for mold to begin proliferating in damp or wet conditions, and this is why immediately addressing excess moisture in your home is so important.
Both water and fire damage degrade your home. A professional fire restoration company like SERVPRO can expediently get your home back to its previous condition. For many years, the company's trained technicians have been providing homeowners with the detail-oriented care necessary to get their homes back to like it never happened. We're ready to start the restoration process today, so call us now and let's schedule your consultation.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Lafayette/Louisville is locally owned and operated.
As fire and water damage sprecialists, our business is built upon fire and water restoration expertise. Please call us. (303) 604-6607