If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (303) 604-6607

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How Professionals Use Negative Pressure to Remove Mold From Your Louisville Residence

12/27/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation How Professionals Use Negative Pressure to Remove Mold From Your Louisville Residence Mold Has Taken Root on This Ceiling. Call SERVPRO to Remediate Mold.

Mold Damage Technicians in Louisville, CO Discuss The Use Of Personal Protective Equipment

Once a fungus develops inside your Lousiville, CO home it starts producing microscopic spores in attempts to spread the contamination to other areas in your house. However, if you call in a professional mold damage restoration company like SERVPRO, we can help you reduce the chances of the contamination growing, spreading, and getting much worse. As soon as fungi develop they form structures called hyphae that grow in size and put off seed-like spores. These spores become airborne and can travel throughout your structure and possibly cause your residence indoor air quality issues. One primary goal of any mold damage mitigation project is to keep spores from getting into your building's central air supply and ventilation system.

When attempting to remove fungal contamination, our SERVPRO technicians first contain the area before any work begins. We know that during any mold damage restoration in Louisville, CO that we can create dust and send particles into the air. We set up a plastic barrier so that any harmful particles stirred up during the work process get trapped within the affected area. We then attach an air scrubber to the chamber which creates negative air pressure inside the containment chamber that sucks in spores and other harmful microscopic particles and traps them inside a HEPA filter.

Since mold can cause health effects, when our SERVPRO technicians are in the contaminated areas, we take extra safety measures. Whenever our IICRC certified team enters a home that is possibly contaminated we use personal protective equipment. The attire includes a respirator that keeps our technicians from breathing in dangerous particles. We also wear gloves and full-body suits so that harmful particles do not get attached to our skin.

When mitigating issues at your residence, we also take extra measures to make sure you and your family stay safe. If we think it is necessary, we can set up an air scrubber inside your home to help rid your airflow system of harmful particles. If you ever suffer from damage caused by a fungus, call SERVPRO of Lafayette / Louisville at (303) 604-6607 24/7.

Click here for pictures of historic Louisville.

Other News

View Recent Posts